Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Mid-Term Elections . . . ouch.

November 3-8, 2006
The mid-term elections are never really that big of a deal because not much ever happens. Except this time. As a faithful appointee I saved up annual leave, signed with the RNC to be deployed, and left my new wife for 5 days to go support the cause. It's kind of a fun time because it can be exciting to see where you get sent. I wanted to go somewhere I had not spent much time before but I also wanted to be with people I knew and enjoyed being around. A friend of mine who helped me find a role during the 2004 convention in NYC introduced me to a great group of people. Much of this group ended up going to Wisconsin a couple months later. After that we became part of what was to be called Team Lampkin. We ended up staying in touch the last couple of years and when the chance to go to Ohio with Team Lampkin came along, I couldn't say no. We were sent to Columbus to help the state wide and local candidates turn back the Democrat tide. It turned out to be a tsunami. I can't say the GOTV/72hr program was all that great this time but, regardless, we got spanked pretty bad. Not only in Ohio, but nation-wide. I feel bad for my brethren on the Hill who are now looking for work, but it's not like there won't be another big election in two years where everything could change again. I was just glad to come home to my lovely bride.

No comments: