Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Caribbean vacation


November 27-29, 2006
Somehow I got lucky, or maybe I'm just living right (patience has it's virtues), because i was able to accompany Allison's uncle Chris and his son, CJ, to St. Thomas, USVI, for three days. CJ moved down there to work for 6 months as a crew member of a parasailling business, and asked for someone to go with him as he moved down there and got things set up. It just so happened that my good friends, Dave and Lynlee Boyd, had just moved down there this last summer as Dave was stationed there by the FBI. It also just worked out that CJ would be living in the same part of the island as the Boyds. Being the good cousin-in-law that I am, I went down there to make sure they could meet - and also to help CJ get settled. Everything seemed to work out perfectly. We got to spend some time with the Boyd's (they live 1.5 miles from eachother). We got CJ settled in and supplied. Uncle Chris and I even had time to take the ferry to St. John and spend the morning before heading back to the continent (local terminology for those of us in the states). I can't wait to take Allison back.

No comments: